How to Adopt
Our goal is to find forever homes for our cats and dogs where they are considered family members. Many animals can live upwards to 16 years, sometimes more. Please consider temperament, activity level, size/strength of the pet, life span, financial responsibilities, ease of training, your personal upcoming life changes (job relocation, family additions, etc.) and more, when considering adding a pet into your family.
To adopt you need to be 21 years of age or older and live within a 250 mile radius of the shelter. An approved prescreen is required for adoption. Download and fill out the two page document, then bring with when you visit our animals. It will also be available at our shelter if you prefer.
When you visit, plan on spending time meeting several animals, getting to know your potential pet and making sure you pick the right one for your family. Ask the volunteers about personality and temperment. Still not sure? We offer a Foster to Adopt week where you take the pet home for seven days to see if they are a match with your family.
You must have an approved prescreen and the animal must be fully vaccinated, micro-chipped and sterilized to leave our facility for adoption or a foster to adopt week.
- Dogs & Puppies: $125; Additional animals adopted on the same day $100. *Specialty/Purebred dogs $100 extra
-Cats & Kittens: $100; Additional animals adopted on the same day $85
- Veteran/Military and senior citizen (65+) rate: $100 for 1 animal, $85 for additional animals
- Adopting a bonded pair (where we require them to be adopted together ) $175
- Adopting a senior animal (10 years or older) $65
- To adopt an animal not yet vaccinated or sterilized, and cannot leave until then, a hold can be placed with a $50 non-refundable deposit and an approved prescreen
Thank you for considering a rescue cat or dog as your next pet! We think they are the best!